If you are thinking of buying diamond jewellery online, I’m sure that you’ve asked yourself “Should I buy diamonds online?” or “Is it safe to do so?”. To help you answer these questions, we will analyse the pros and cons of buying diamonds online.
Keep reading to learn more!
The pros of shopping for diamonds online
There a lot of benefits when buying diamonds online that can add significant value to your shopping experience compared to an in store one:
- You can access a wider diamond and jewellery catalogue online. The diversity of cuts, carat weight, clarity and colour when choosing diamonds online is almost infinite. In a store, you would never find as many options available to you.
- You will rapidly know which diamonds fit the price range you are looking for.
- There’s usually more information available on an online jewellery shop and you can always, seamlessly, check and compare characteristics among different pieces of jewellery.
- Online jewellery shopping gives you the time and the tools you need to handily compare prices and qualities from one jewellery site to another.
- You have the ability to compare user reviews on different products before deciding to buy any piece of jewellery or loose diamond from a particular store.
- Prices are lower online than in store because selling jewellery online is more economical than selling jewellery in store
- You will get the best value for the same amount of money, because selling online isn’t as costly as selling in store, you will get better prices for the same products.
- When buying online, you always get better refund policies than in store. It is rare for a physical retailer to offer a full refund policy and actually they usually only offer exchanges. But, when buying online, there are a lot of reputable vendors that offer you a full refund policy.
Cons about buying diamonds online
Not everything about online jewellery shopping is positive. There are some cons about it too. That’s why we recommend you to be well aware of them before you decide to buy jewellery online.
- If you are used to just buying jewellery in a physical store, you will need to change your mindset to get used to the online buying experience. This can be difficult for some people, especially if they aren’t used to the online shopping experience. If you consider yourself to be in that position, don’t worry. Nowadays there are many ways to make the experience a lot easier and more enjoyable for you:
- Book a virtual appointment to get personalized attention and have a jewellery professional guide you through the catalogue, while taking into account your actual needs. You will be able to have a real time conversation and check any piece of jewellery live, while conversing with your personal jewellery assistant.
- Contact through phone call.
A few more things you need to know before buying diamonds online
- As it happens with in store shopping, there are possibilities of being scammed when you don’t buy in a reputable and secure place. That’s why we recommend you to:
- Always make sure that you are buying from a website that uses secure connection protocols. Start by checking the website’s URL. If it starts with “https://”, you are buying from a secured website. HTTPS means that all communication and data shared by the customer is secured and no one will be able to access it during the buying process.
- Always ask for independent gemological certificates that will guarantee that what you are buying is actually what you will receive. Additionally, make sure to check the information with the independent gemological lab yourself, to prevent being frauded.
- Hear what other people have to say. Don’t jump into buying a loose diamond or a piece of jewellery without knowing about other people’s experiences. If you were going to buy a diamond ring, you would first ask your friends where to buy it, right? Especially if they had been through the process of buying one recently. The same applies to online shopping, only it is easier to know people’s opinions because they are public and shared with everyone.
So, is it a safe option?
Yes, absolutely yes. But you will have to choose reputable vendors that make online jewellery shopping a safe choice. Not just any random vendor that doesn’t seem trustworthy. There are a lot of reputable and safe online jewellery stores that you can trust when buying diamonds online.
For example, MJjewels have exceptional imagery that allows you to view every diamond up close before making your purchase and offers you independent gemological certificates for each product. MJjewels also has an excellent return policy, so you will always be able to return or exchange your product.
We hope to have answered your question ‘Should I buy diamonds online?’. If you want to know more about the differences between buying jewellery in store vs doing it online, comment down below and we will get back to you. And, if you want to talk about your own experience, don’t hesitate to share it with us.